The LQMS Upgrade Instructions is one of the most important steps in your project. It outlines what areas of your current Laboratory Quality System need improvement to meet ISO 17025:2017.
- You know where you are (Current Laboratory Quality Management System).
- You want to be ISO 17025:2017 Compliant.
- The difference between these is your gap. Anytime they differ you need to change your processes to bridge the gap.
The detailed instructions focus on the areas of the documentation required for ISO 17025:2017.
- The intent of the main clauses is shown in blue font,
- The text in italics in the 2nd right hand column summarizes the requirements and indicates where they were included in previous ISO 17025:2005.
- The corresponding clauses for the standards are highlighted in yellow.
- Use a copy of the ISO 17025:2017 standard along with this instruction to pinpoint for your organization the areas that need attention.
- Make notes and add comments in the space available to the right and the left of the column for reference documentation.
- Use the upgrade checklist section on the right side of the table to assign the responsibility for the upgrade and to follow up on its completion.
- Throughout the 37-page checklist, reference is made to documented information and the typical procedures and P-xxx numbers that can be found in our complete LMS documentation package.
- Includes Technical Support
- 37 page LQMS Upgrade Instructions
Which version is right for me?
If you plan to reconfigure your existing quality manual and procedures to meet the ISO 17025:2017 standard, use Upgrade Instructions to create everything on your own. They will tell you where to make the changes but will NOT provide templates or new verbiage on the new requirements.
ISO 17025:2017 LQMS is for those just creating their first ISO Management System, and provides necessary documentation to meet the requirements of ISO 17025:2017. See the informational box above for samples, contents, and more information.
If you are transitioning from ISO 17025:2005 to ISO 17025:2017, the LQMS Upgrade includes the QMS + instructions. This provides you a map of where to copy some text from your existing QMS, and place it in a new QMS structure which follows Annex L.