Steps to ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation
1. Learn About 17025
Each organization should receive general training on ISO/IEC 17025 to expand their knowledge and are aware of what the organization needs to do in order to meet the requirements of the standard.
- ISO/IEC 17025 Standards Explained
- What Standards do I need?
- What revision of a standard should I use?
- What additional supporting standards are required?
- Buy a Copy of the Standard that’s right for you
- ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- ISO 9001:2015
- And More
- Learn about the standard:
- What are the Requirements?
- Requirements of ISO 17025
- Learn about ISO 17025 and Cannabis Testing Labs
5. Design & Document Your 17025 Quality Management System
Design and document your ISO/IEC 17025 general requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories quality manual and procedures. The biggest portion of the project is looking at your current processes, and redesigning them to address all of the requirements of the standard. Once you have modified or developed processes to meet the standard, you will need to control those processes. Documenting the processes as Quality System procedures is part of this control.
6. Use & Improve Your 17025 QMS
Once your system is developed and documented, employees will follow the procedures, collect records and make improvements to the system. For approximately three months or more, your organization will run the QMS, collecting records.
7. Audit the 17025 QMS Performance
Use and improve your QMS – Is it working? You will conduct internal audits to see how your system is working and to improve it. This prepares you for an Audit.
8. Achieve 17025 Accreditation
Use our ISO/IEC 17025 All-in-One Documentation & Training Package and implement your system yourself. It includes what you need in order to save time and money and be successful.
To achieve accreditation, you will need to select a Accrediation Body who will preform an audit.